Triathlon Training Resources

Monday, March 1, 2010

Half Ironman Training: Plantar Fasciitis Sucks!!

My weekend started off well with a 8 mile run in the cold rain. Not the best of conditions, but I had a good training run and felt good. I had a 25 mile bike ride planned before a 6 mile run on Sunday. The ride went great. We had pretty strong winds, but it made for some fast parts of the ride with a 20 mph tail wind. The head winds were pretty crappy, but oh well.

When I got back to the house where I had set up a little transition area, my foot was a little tight, but not much worse than normal. I threw on the running shoes and off I went. Sort of. I couldn't get my foot to loosen up at all. It usually takes a mile or so, but I could not get going at all. I had to bail after only about 1/4 of a mile. I figured better to get off of it before I did some real damage. I went home and iced it for a bit, then taped it up.



I took it easy the rest of the day and it feels a little better today. I'm hoping to rest it today and swim tonight. I have a 5K planned this Saturday, so I hope it's doing better. I also don't want to ruin my training plans for Florida 70.3.

I have my foot taped up today and have a golf ball under my desk to roll my foor throughout the day today at work. I hope it gets better. I have had this for almost a year now, but it is usually at least a manageable pain. This time it's a little more severe of a flare up.

My tri season starts this month with an Olympic on March 21 (Daytona Frogman), St. Anthony's in April and Florida 70.3 in May. I will probably go through the summer with 3 or 4 local sprints.

2 comments:

  1. I really had to have had a super training to enable them to participate in these competitions I congratulate you and hope you can continue with this type of competition and get recognized to make a great athlete!

    ReplyDelete