Triathlon Training Resources

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Swim Training Tonight

Tonight is a swim night. Daytona Frogman is in a week and a half and the ocean is still only 53 degrees. It's gonna be chilly for sure, but that's just more incentive to swim faster and get to my bike. I don't plan on being in there for more than 25 minutes at the most (Olympic distance race)anyway. I grew up surfing here, so it's not that big of a deal to me. There are some locals who are questioning whether they are going to race beacuse of it. We live in Florida and can pretty much train year round, so I can't see complaining about a little cold.

There are plenty of people who would love to train in our "cold" weather. People around here have really been slack this winter because of our cold snaps. I hope the fact that I have trained through most of it translates into some noticeable improvements this season.

I plan on an ocean swim this weekend to get a feel for the open water again before next weekend. I think we will have a group of people show up for a group swim. I have not ran since my PR 5K (20:22) on Saturday due to my Plantar Fasciitis problems. I plan on taking it easy with the run until the race and putting in extra time on the bike between now and then in order to keep my fitness level up.

I am going into Frogman with the mindset that I may not be 100% and I'll just do my best and try not to further injure myself. My main focus is St. Anthony's next month and of course, Florida 70.3 in May. That's a quick update for everyone and thanks for following. I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment