Triathlon Training Resources

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Saturday Trail Run

It was cold (as far as Florida goes) and rainy on Saturday morning and I went for a run on a local trail with a couple friends. I had never run this trail before but I think it's between 7 and 8 miles. Everything felt good and I was with much faster runners so they made me push myself. With about 2 miles to go, I finally tripped on one of the many roots and fell forward landing chest first on a cut off tree stump. Ouch! It took me a second to realize I was okay, but it really hurt. We finished the run and by the time I got home, I had a huge lump on my chest. It is getting better now and I realize it could have been a lot worse. Well I now feel like I paid some early dues for the trail runs that I have planned so hopefully that will be my worst fall for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment