Triathlon Training Resources

Monday, September 28, 2009

My First Half Ironman Training Updates

I ran a 12 miler yesterday. I usually train by myself and when I start doing the longer distances like this it gets rather boring. I have not done 12 miles since a half marathon last October so it wasn't a fast run to say the least. It was a little painful, but not too bad. Ice baths are a great way to end a long run. I had an opportunity to run with our local Galloway group on Saturday as my wife is a member and it was open to others this weekend. Jeff Galloway was in town and attended the "magic mile" at a local university. We then did a 4 mile run as a group and Jeff actually ran with me and three others including my wife. He was very nice and personable. He answered many questions and also had some great stories for us. My wife has been a part of the program for two years now and is getting ready for her second marathon. I'm proud of her and Saturday was one of the few times we have gotten to train together. We have two young children (6 years and 9 months)so we usually have to tag team our training. I had a good time running with her. I will do the same run next weekend and hopefully have an improved time.

No comments:

Post a Comment