Triathlon Training Resources

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

5K Training Run

Last night I went for 5K run and decided I would try to get a good time, as I have not really ran a 5K in a while that wasn't a training run. I went out with the intention of trying to go at or near race pace. I ended up at 24:04. This was my fastest 5K run yet. I started running about a year and a half ago. I was into weight lifting and bodybuilding and would have never dreamed of becoming a triathlete. The run is my toughest leg of the sport, but it has come a long way for me. I am about 25lbs lighter. I am not a small guy, 6' tall and now weigh about 195 lbs. with about 10% body fat, and therefore I will probably never run a 17 minute 5K, not to mention the fact that I'm about to turn 37. I will continue to improve and will get the time down to 20 minutes. I plan on focusing on the run for the winter and racing in a few half marathons in prep for my first half ironman next May.

No comments:

Post a Comment