Triathlon Training Resources

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My First Half Ironman Training - 12 mile repeats

Sunday I did 12 X 1 mile repeats. I had a running partner for the session and it definitely makes the time go by much faster. We kept a good pace and ended up with an overall pace of 8:09. We took 3-4 minutes between each mile and it was the first cool weather we've had, it was great. No hydration issues at all as we have been training in 90 degree weather with near 100% humidity. I am still waiting for my bike to be built up. I bought some wheels on e-bay and they have not come in yet. My local bike shop will have the rest of the bike ready tomorrow, but that won't do me much good without the wheels. I'll post pics when I get it from the shop. I can't wait to get the first ride in. I feel like I'm waiting for Santa to bring me a new bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment