Triathlon Training Resources

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Long Weekend Of Training For Ironman Florida 70.3

This past weekend was another great weekend for training. I had a good swim on Saturday and was prepared for my long brick on Sunday. We were going to have a 3 1/2 hour ride, followed by a 5 mile trail run. My ride was cut short to only 3 hours due to once again, flats. This sucks! Now last weekend I got 2 flats and we checked the tire and found nothing in it after the second change. I made it back home without a problem. This Sunday at around mile 40, we stopped for a quick bathroom break, and I was flat again in the front. I used the "pit stop" (fix a flat) we had to try and make it home, but I only got another 5 miles or so. I could feel that I was flat again and had to stop. This time, I changed the tube and got back on the road. 5 miles later, flat again!! I was out of CO2 and no more tubes, so I had to make the call of shame.

To make the call even worse, I actually called my "mommy" to come and get me because I knew the wife would have to load up the kids and it would much easier for my mom to jump in the car and come get me. I'm 37 years old and still depend on my mom for certain things; kind of normal right? Anyway, I got back to our starting point sure that I missed the group run (not totally disappointed honestly), but when I got there I had Helen (an ultramarathoner who is FAST) waiting for me. She tortured me for 4 hard miles on the trail and then let me go home. I was glad she was there to push me because I was definitely deflated (get it, deflated) after my disappointing finish to the ride and the wait on the side of the road.

All in all, it was another great training weekend that I'm sure made me stronger. I will be running in a 5K this weekend at the Daytona Speedway. It is pretty neat that I will be running on the actual track in the morning and there is a 24 hour car race in the afternoon. I'm not that into Nascar and other car racing, but it is pretty cool to live here in Daytona during those events. I'll update after ny 5K and hopefully be posting a new PR to better my 23:33 from a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment