Triathlon Training Resources

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My First Half Ironman Training - Mile Repeats and 13.1 with the Wife

I ran 13.1 with the wife on Saturday and it was great. We don't get to train together very much with the two kids so it was nice. My wife is running the Spacecoast Marathon on November 29, so this was a good training run. We had a goal in mind as far as pace goes and we beat it. I did 6 miles yesterday with 5 mile repeats. Felt good and ended up at 7:30 pace. I think I'm finally feeling comfortable running and look forward to it now. I will have a good base built up by January when the hard training begins. I watched the NYC Marathon Sunday and it is amazing to see those runners keep that pace for the distance. I heard the announcers discuss a few sub 5 min miles and couldn't imagine that pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment